New and updated road construction work going on around Ann Arbor.
Monday, Aug. 14-Friday, Aug. 25, 2017.
Beginning Monday, Aug. 14, 2017, Catherine Street will close in the eastbound direction between North Main and North Fifth Ave. During this closure, Miller traffic approaching from the west will be detoured around the construction area and directed to use North First, Ann and North Division. Traffic approaching Catherine from the north and south on North Main will be directed to use East Ann and North Division. In addition, Catherine will close in the eastbound direction between North Ingalls and Glen, with traffic being detoured around this closure using East Ann. The contractor will maintain one-way traffic on Catherine through the entire construction area between Glen Avenue and North Main, with one lane operating in the westbound direction.
The contractor will maintain, and detour as required, pedestrian traffic during construction. The contractor will also maintain access for emergency vehicles. The city will prohibit on-street parking in construction area in order to complete the work and maintain traffic.
Monday, August 14, 2017, from 1 to 11 p.m. the following streets will closed for the UA Block Party and Plumbers and Pipefitters 5K special event:
- South Main St between William and Huron
- Liberty and Washington Streets between South Ashley and South Fourth Ave.
For the 5K from 6 to 8 p.m.:
- Extend Liberty closure from South Main St. to State St.
- State St. between North University and Washington
- North University from State St. to Fletcher – northern/west bound lanes
- Fletcher from North University to Washington – western/northern sidewalk
- Washington St. – southern/east bound lanes