Polls will be open in Ann Arbor 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 8 for the Primary Election. Note, there will be no Primary Election in Ward 2. For candidate information, visit www.a2gov.org/elections; and to locate your ward and/or polling place, go to the Michigan Voter Information web page at www.michigan.gov/vote or contact the city clerk’s office at 734.794.6140 or in person.
For those planning to vote absentee, the Ann Arbor city clerk’s office will be open special hours on Saturday, Aug. 5, 8 a.m.–2 p.m. for voters to pick up or turn in Primary Election absentee ballots. All absentee ballots must be returned to the city clerk’s office by 8 p.m. on Election Day.
The city clerk’s office is located on the second floor of Larcom City Hall, 301 E. Huron St. On-street or lot parking is available off of Ann Street, east of Fifth Avenue. In-person requests for absentee ballots will be accepted at the city clerk’s office until 4 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 7. Voters requesting ballots on Aug. 7 must vote and return the ballot that same day.
Learn more about the candidates before you head to the polls. CTN features the League of Women Voters moderated forums for wards 1, 3, 4 and 5 Primary Election candidates. These forums are available to watch online at https://a2ctn.viebit.com/ and https://www.youtube.com/user/ctnannarbor.
As an aside, the regular City Council meeting will take place Thursday, Aug. 10, due to the Primary Election.
Below are important voter tips and ward and precinct polling-location information:
- Don’t forget to bring your photo ID to vote. Voters who do not have acceptable photo ID will be required to sign an affidavit in order to vote.
- Polling place hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day. Registered voters standing in line by 8 p.m. will be eligible to vote.
- Temporary Polling Place Change: Due to construction scheduled at the Ann Arbor Community Center, voters assigned to Precinct 1-4 (Ward 1, Precinct 4) are being assigned to a temporary polling place at Community High School, 401 N. Division, for the Aug. 8 City Primary as well as the Nov. 7 City General Election.
- Voters at Allen Elementary School, Ward 3, Precinct 4&7, should be aware that, due to extensive construction work inside the school, voting will take place in a temporary event structure located just off the lower parking lot. The lower parking lot is accessible via the main entrance to the school on Towner Boulevard.
- Parking lot paving is taking place at a number of Ann Arbor Public School facilities. Accessible parking and access to the buildings will be available on Election Day.
- Road construction work (4th, 5th and Jefferson streets) around Bach School, Ward 5, Precinct 2, will be suspended on Election Day to allow parking and access to the precinct.