The Skyline Crew team traveled to St Catharines, Ontario this weekend for the CSSRA Canadian National Championships. This regatta capped a long season of hard work and perseverance, resulting in a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP as well as Second and Third place finishes!
Races were held over three days at Henley Island. There were 141 schools and clubs represented from across Canada and the US. Skyline took a total of 18 boats to this regatta, of which 5 made it to Finals.
- Women’s Junior Four (Erin Hill, Lilly Stevens, Audrey Corriere, Caroline Plotner, Eleanor Unsworth)
- Women’s Junior Quad (Violet Dudley, Olivia Barr, Dan Faris, Makayla Watson)
- Men’s Senior Quad (Brad Libs, Matt Nguyen, Justin Stone, Tej Bergin)
- Men’s Junior Quad (Paul Middleton, Peter Nemecek, Brennan Dionne, Nolan Force)
- Men’s Senior Lightweight Quad (Aiden Leyland, Jacob Carroll, Ethan Wright, Bruno Herbst)
The Men’s Senior Quad started Skyline’s medal count with a third place BRONZE finish. What a way to wrap up their senior year!
The Men’s Junior Quad continued the spectacular showing with a second place SILVER finish, only 1.3 seconds behind the winner.
The Men’s Senior Lightweight Quad established themselves as NATIONAL CHAMPIONS with their GOLD medals, finishing a full 7 seconds ahead of the second place boat.
The team closes the season with a year-end banquet this week, celebrating not only the victories, but the hard work and dedication that the entire team put in over the season.