4 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 the following streets will be closed for the Firecracker 5K special event:
- Main Street from William to Liberty
- Liberty from Main to State Street
- William from Main to State Street
- State Street from Liberty to Monroe
- Monroe from State Street to Tappan
- Tappan from Monroe to South University
- South University from State Street to South Forest
8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 the following streets will be closed for the Ann Arbor Jaycees 4th of July parade special event:
- State Street from S. University to E. Washington
- Liberty from S. State to S. Main
- Main from Liberty to William
- William from S. Main to S. State
- Fourth Ave. from E. Washington to Packard
- Fifth Ave. from E. Washington E. William
- Division from E. Washington to E. Jefferson
- Thompson from E. Liberty to E. William
- Maynard from E. Liberty to E. Jefferson
- Jefferson from Thompson to Maynard
- University from S. State Street to Thayer Street
- Main from Washington to Liberty
- Liberty from Main to the alley between Ashley and Main
- Thompson between William and Jefferson
South State Street: Friday, July 6-Wednesday, July 18, 2018. Beginning on Friday, July 18, South State Street between East Hoover and Packard will be closed to traffic in the southbound direction for road resurfacing.
During this closure, traffic will be detoured westerly on Hill Street to southerly on South Division Street and to easterly on East Hoover Avenue back to South State Street. The contractor will maintain one-way traffic on South State Street through the construction area with one lane operating in the northbound direction. The contractor expects this closure and the related work to continue through Wednesday, July 18, 2018, weather permitting.
The contractor will maintain, and detour as required, pedestrian traffic during construction. It will also maintain access for emergency vehicles. The city will prohibit on street parking in construction area in order to complete the work and maintain traffic.
East University: 9 a.m. Monday, July 9-5p.m. Friday, July 13, 2018. Beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 9, East University between South University and Willard will be closed to all vehicle traffic.
The southbound traffic will be detoured south on Church Street, west on Hill Street and back to East University Avenue. The northbound traffic will be detoured east on Hill, north on Church Street, and west on South University Avenue. Local businesses will have access to their driveways maintained at all times. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the west side of East University Avenue for the public’s safety.