The American Association of University Women-Ann Arbor will host an Open House on Wednesday, Sept. 26 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Ann Arbor City Club, 1830 Washtenaw Ave. The Ann Arbor branch is celebrating their 116 year anniversary, which was organized in 1902.
Just over 115 years ago a small group of women graduates in Ann Arbor gathered to form the Ann Arbor Branch of the Association of Collegiate Alumni, the forerunner of AAUW, the American Association of University Women. Today the AAUW is a vibrant, active group of some 300 intellectually curious women, devoted to improving the lives of women and girls through education.
MEET THE AAUW-ANN ARBOR BRANCH PRESIDENT: https://weloveannarbor.com/2018/09/23/qa-with-american-association-of-university-women-aa-branch-president-mary-mostaghim/
The AAUW Ann Arbor Branch offers:
* A group of educated women with diverse backgrounds and experiences
* Informative and stimulating monthly programs
* More than 35 small interest groups covering a wide range of topics and activities
* A used book sale that raises money for national fellowships, local scholarships, and awards to graduating high school seniors
* Community outreach activities like Brains Rule! and Let’s Read Math
* Membership in national and state AAUW organizations
For more information, log onto http://www.annarbor-mi.aauw.net/