Are you ready to golf?
The front seven holes at Huron Hills Golf Course are officially open. Tee times are on a first come, first serve basis. Once the ground is dry, we will be able to offer power carts and open more holes. $10, 7 holes | pull carts, $3. Call 734.794.6246 for additional information or https://foreupsoftware.com/index.php/booking/19811/2521#welcome for our online tee time system. We look forward to seeing you. 3465 E. Huron River Drive
Sign up for our annual golf outing at Leslie Park Golf Course
The Good Friday Scramble helps support the Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation Scholarship Fund that provides city residents access to our park facilities and programs regardless of economic situation. Join us Friday, April 19 at noon for a four-person scramble with prizes including a complimentary lunch buffet. 12:45 p.m. shotgun start (rain, snow or shine). Cost: $180 per team ($45/person). $80 of each team entry will go towards the scholarship fund. Registration deadline is April 15 at noon. Includes: 18 holes of golf, cart, lunch, prizes and a coupon for one free 18-hole round at Huron Hills Golf Course. Register by calling 734.794.6245 or go to http://www.a2gov.org/parksregister to sign up. Payment must be made in full in order to sign up. 2120 Traver Rd., 734.794.6245, http://www.a2golf.org.
Register for Learn-to-Skate/Beginner Hockey at Veterans Memorial Ice Arena
Sign up now for Session #4 (STARTS THIS WEEKEND) March 18-April 27 (6 classes). $55 resident/$67 nonresident. It’s not too late! Call 734.794.6235, visit http://www.a2gov.org/parksregister or stop by 2150 Jackson Ave.
Shop tomorrow at the Ann Arbor Farmers Market
Shop local every Saturday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Look for new desserts, goat meat, body care products, chocolate ganache and handmade candles. Of course, you’ll find fresh micro greens, spinach, arugula, salad greens, carrots, squash, root veggies, potatoes, maple syrup, apples and cider, locally-raised meats, eggs, fresh baked bread and pastries. There is FREE parking in the market lot until 3 p.m. 315 Detroit St.
Deadline is approaching
Be sure to register for these two Natural Area Preservation (NAP) events by March 21! To sign up call NAP at 734.794.6627, or send us an email at NAP@a2gov.org.
* Photo Monitoring Kick-off & Training, Saturday, March 23, NAP Office, 3875 E. Huron River Drive, 10-11 a.m. Do you like photography and spending time outdoors? Photo monitoring may be the perfect volunteer opportunity for you! We need volunteers to take photos at specific locations in parks throughout the year to record ecological changes and the progress of our restoration work. Come join us at this informational meeting for more details about this volunteer opportunity!
* Workday Leader Training, Saturday, March 23, NAP Office, 3875 E. Huron River Drive, noon-3:30 p.m. This is for volunteers interested in leading and/or co-leading NAP volunteer stewardship workdays. We will focus on procedures, ecological consideration, and tips and tricks to lead a successful event. An interest and background in ecology (and plant ID) is strongly desired, but not required. A strong commitment to preserving the environment, while fostering community and engaging the public is necessary. Participants should be dressed for classroom and possible field training. Minimum age of 18.
Make plans for your child this summer at one of our day camps
We offer so many great programs and events in the Ann Arbor parks system. Golf lessons and tournaments, mermaid and merman classes, learn-to-swim lessons, volunteer opportunities, canoe/kayak and stand-up paddle board sessions and more. We are taking registrations for our summer day camps at Buhr and Fuller Park pools and Huron Hills Golf Course (http://www.a2gov.org/camps). We also offer early bird specials if you sign up for camps at Buhr or Fuller.
Take private learn-to-swim lessons
Did you know Mack Indoor Pool offers private swim lessons (one participant only) for swimmers ages 3 to adult? We have fantastic instructors at great prices. Each private lesson is 30-minutes long and customized to meet the needs of the swimming participant. Half hour; $15 resident/$18 nonresident. Register for five lessons, get the sixth free. (All lessons must be registered for at the same time and must be paid in full to be eligible for the free lesson.) http://www.a2gov.org/parksregister.
Private Lesson Schedule
• Saturdays, Now-May 12 | 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. (no lessons on April 20).
• Sundays, Now-May 13 | 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. (no lessons on April 21).
• Monday-Thursday, Now-May 17 | 4-8 p.m.
Rental Opportunities for Special Events/Meetings
The Ann Arbor Senior Center is a great venue option for meetings, service club organizations, showers, graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, concert and jam groups, cultural arts clubs, retirements, fundraisers and more. To inquire about rental opportunities call 734.794.6250 or visit 1320 Baldwin Ave.