Huron Pkwy from Hubbard to Baxter: 9 a.m., Monday Feb. 4-5 p.m. – Tuesday, March 29, 2019 (closure extended). Northbound right lane of Huron Parkway between Hubbard and Baxter will be closed to traffic for electrical work on adjoining property.
Additional congestion is expected due to this project. Drivers should seek alternate routes. In addition, the sidewalk adjacent to the road will also be closed and pedestrians directed to the other side of Huron Parkway.
(Unless otherwise noted, special events listed are not sponsored or endorsed by the City of Ann Arbor.)
Sunday, March 24, 2019 from 4 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. the following streets will be closed for the Ann Arbor Marathon (PDF) special event:
- Hill from Brown to State
- Fifth from Hill to Madison (closed until 3 p.m.)
- Brown from Hoover to Hill
- South Division from Hoover to Hill
- Hoover from Brown to Division
- State to South University
- South University to East University
- East University to North University
- North University to Observatory
- Observatory to Geddes
- Geddes to Huron Parkway
- Huron Parkway to Dixboro Road
- Dixboro Road to Gallup Park
- Fuller Road to Fuller Court
- Huron Parkway from Fuller Road to Geddes
- Fuller Court between Gallup Park and E. Medical Center Drive
- Washington Heights between E. Medical Center Drive and Observatory
Race and course information available through Probility Ann Arbor.
Sunday, April 7, 2019 from 5:30 – 10:30 a.m. the following streets will be closed for the Trail to the Victors 5K (PDF) special event:
- State Street from near the Stadium Bridge to North University
- Monroe Street from State to Tappan
- Tappan from Monroe Street to South University
- South University from State to East University
- East University from South University to Fletcher
- North University from State Street to the Bus Shelters
- Fletcher Street from North University to East Washington Street
- East Washington Street from Fletcher to Thayer
- Thayer from East Washington to North University
- Madison from State to Division
- Division from Madison to Hoover
- Hoover from State Street to Greene and Keech (finish inside the Big House)
Friday, June 14, 2019 from 3 – 11 p.m. the following streets will be closed for the 19th Annual Mayor’s Green Fair (PDF) special event:
- South Main Street from William to Huron
- Liberty from South Ashley to South Fourth
- Washington from South Ashley to South Fourth (except for traffic entering and exiting the Washington Street parking structure)
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) and Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) projects
Please note: To stay informed of projects managed by entities other than the City of Ann Arbor, please subscribe directly to receive MDOT updates (follow the link and click the envelope on the left of the page) and consult theWCRC website.
Seasonal Weight Restrictions: March 8, 2019 until further notice. Seasonal weight restrictions will go into effect in Washtenaw County at 6 a.m. on Friday, March 8, 2019.
Most of the roadways in Washtenaw County are seasonally restricted. Find more information regarding WCRC’s seasonal weight restrictions and subscribe to receive future notifications at: wcroads.org/road-work-construction/seasonal-weight-restrictions/.
Click here to download WCRC’s Truck Operator’s Map, depicting road classifications.
State of Michigan Department of Transportation online resource: View a map of local and statewide maintenance, construction, lane closures and restrictions.